Secrets to success: heed my words carefully...
- Come to class...it's hard to succeed if you aren't here!
- Remember, we are all on the same team! My goal is for you to learn, grow, and be successful.
- It's OK to make mistakes! My class is a great place to be wrong, and to learn from our mistakes. "Fail" early and often.
- Don't stress over a single grade. Not everybody tests well, and that's OK. You will have ample opportunity to show what you know.
- ASK QUESTIONS! I can't stress this enough, if you don't understand or need clarification stop and ask. Most likely you are not the only person with your question.
- Ask for help! Ask me, ask your family, ask each other! Everybody in class has something to offer, and there are a lot of great ideas floating around.
- Get organized, and use your time wisely. I will offer as much support as I can with calendars, reminders etc. At the end of the day it is up to YOU to make sure you are prepared.
- Come to class prepared and ready to learn.
- Don't be afraid to take risks and try new ideas. If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid...
- SMILE! We are going to work hard, but we'll have a lot of fun along the way :)
A note regarding work ethic: All I ask is all you got. We will work together to establish a growth mindset where every "failure" is an opportunity to learn and take another step towards our goals. A single grade does not define you, labels do not define you...through hard work and determination, YOU get to decide who you want to be.